Physical activity is very important for maintaining health. It is also useful in the presence of certain diseases, including prostatitis. It has been proven that exercise for prostatitis has a positive effect on the condition of men, and can reduce their need for medications. And this is not surprising, because even a set of general strengthening exercises (especially with prostatitis) can significantly strengthen the immune system, improve blood circulation and contribute to the rapid restoration of gland tissues.
What is useful exercise therapy for inflammation of the prostate
With regular exercise with prostatitis, you can achieve noticeable improvements in many indicators. This effect of exercise therapy is due to the fact that a specially selected complex is directed against congestion, which with a high degree of probability can provoke inflammatory processes in the organs located in the pelvic floor in men. If it is too late to take measures to prevent pathological changes, there are exercises for the treatment of prostatitis, which include breathing exercises and a complex of well-developed physical exercises on the deep muscles of the pelvis, legs and abdomen. This scheme is really healing, as it acts on the symptoms, and copes well with the causes that caused inflammation.
Through physical exercises from prostatitis, you can get rid of the following symptoms of the disease:
- the patient is not worried about urinary retention - an active load on the deep pelvic muscles activates blood flow and lymph flow, which leads to a decrease in swelling of the gland;
- due to the outflow of free fluid and toxins from the tissues of the gland, pain and discomfort during ejaculation decreases;
- due to the influx of nutrients and oxygen to the gland, its functioning is normalized, which leads to the restoration of hormonal balance and affects the general well-being of men - irritability disappears, sleep normalizes, sexual desire is restored.
In addition, increased lymph flow starts the process of natural protection of the prostate - therapeutic exercises enhance immunity, promote faster elimination of pathogenic microflora (if any) and reduce the severity of inflammation. In addition, a set of exercises inevitably affects the body of men as a whole, as it strengthens the immune system, makes breathing deeper and fights against blood stasis.
According to the scheme approved by urologists, physical exercises for prostatitis should meet the following tasks:
- stimulating - the exercise therapy complex enhances blood flow and metabolic processes that provoke an increase in phagocytic activity in the prostate area;
- therapeutic - exercises cause the regeneration of damaged tissues through a greater influx of nutrients into the gland area;
- restoring - the exercise therapy complex leads to the normalization of the functions of the glandular-muscular organ of men, the production of a secret and its release;
- protective - through exercises for prostatitis, local immunity is formed, which inhibits the growth and reproduction of pathogenic flora.
In order for all these goals to be achieved, the performance of each exercise from prostatitis must be carried out in accordance with certain standards. Firstly, physical education for prostatitis should not be used in the acute stage, which is expressed in the appearance of pain and acute urinary retention. Secondly, remedial gymnastics should be immediately stopped when tangible discomfort appears during its implementation. Thirdly, exercises from prostatitis should be given enough time - at least 30 minutes a day. Fourthly, for a stable improvement in the condition of men, exercises for prostatitis should be given time every day, not allowing breaks even for a day.
Types of exercises for prostatitis
The following gradation can be applied to exercises from prostatitis, which is formed according to the principle of the complexity of their implementation:
- Simple - a complex for men according to Kegel. The backbone of such complexes is made up of exercises for prostatitis, based on latent (hidden, invisible to others) performance - squeezing the anus and relaxing it.
- Medium difficulty - exercises that can be performed in a lying or sitting position (relevant for overweight men with a weak physical base). Such exercises for prostatitis include "scissors", "bicycle", leg swings, rolls on a gymnastic ball, hip rotation.
- Difficult - a complex that includes exercises, the implementation of which requires maintaining balance, including many muscle groups in the work. Exercises for prostatitis from this section include tilts in a semi-squat state, exercises "pendulum", "bar", associated with breathing exercises, and others.
All of the listed groups should be included in the daily complex, and only in this case the concept of "therapeutic" will fully justify itself.
The essence of this is that in order to eliminate inflammation in the prostate gland, it is necessary to strengthen not only the pelvic floor (its muscular component), but also the back, abdominals, and hips. An important point is the normalization of the circulatory system and the heart, which is also achieved through regular exercise for prostatitis.
What exercises should be done daily
To eliminate inflammation, normalize blood circulation and lymph flow, improve prostate function, it is recommended to perform the following list of exercises for prostatitis daily:
- contractions of the anus according to Kegel - in different positions (sitting, standing, lying) 50-100 times in one approach, 2-3 approaches per day;
- half-squats with knees apart - 5-7 squats per set, at least two sets per day;
- bringing the knees to the chest from a standing position (legs brought together) with a delay of 5 seconds - at least 6 repetitions, two sets per day;
- from a semi-squat position with the body slightly tilted forward, get up, and at this time spread both arms and one leg to the side - 3-5 repetitions for each leg, two sets per day;
- lifting the pelvis from a supine position with legs brought together and holding the breath at the peak of back arch for 5 seconds - 5-7 repetitions, 2 sets per day;
- from a position lying on your stomach with your hands behind your head, closed legs are raised, and then spread apart and held for a minute, then lowered and evened out breathing - 2 repetitions, up to 3 sets per day.
In general, this complex is enough to normalize the condition of the prostate gland. It is important to remember that if pain occurs, you need to stop exercising for several days, and then try to repeat them again.